I thought that Indian CDC replacement procedure online would be simple, but I forgot that it’s a government office and, in my opinion, the way the DG Shipping office works is not very helpful.
If you have any problems with your application, don’t expect quick assistance from this government office. I believe that the people who handle applications for renewing, replacing, or getting a duplicate CDC are not from a shipping background and may not know the government policies related to this.
Later, we can discuss why I think these people are not helpful. But for now, let’s focus on how to apply for a replacement of Indian CDC.
Read: How to Download Stcw Certificate After Exit Exam Procedure
When to Apply for Replacement of Indian CDC?
- If your Indian CDC is damaged, all ship stamp pages are filled, your photo is old, or there is any change in your personal details, or you have an old Indian CDC booklet, you should apply for a Replacement of Indian CDC.
- For this process, you need to send your old CDC to the Shipping Master’s Office.
Documents Required for CDC Replacement
- Scan copy of signed online application (you will get after completing the online form) (PDF Format)
- Passport size (3.5 cm X 3.5 cm) photograph with clear white background face covering 70% (use the same image you have used for DG profile; it makes life easier) (JPG Format)
- Scanned signature of seafarer (JPG Format)
- Self attested scanned copy of CDC(first and last two pages) (If you have old CDC scan all the pages, ex. first page, certificate details page, renewal sticker page if applicable, pre sea input page at back) (PDF Format)
- Proof of STCW Familiarisation Courses (all Certificates in a single pdf file) (PST, EFA, FPFF, PSSR, STSDS / Officers to upload the Advance Courses) (PDF Format)
- Self attested scan copy of proof of Indian citizenship document (Passport or any other document) (Upload the Passport copy) (PDF Format)
Indian CDC Replacement Procedure
Follow the Step-by-Step guide as mentioned below:
- Go to http://220.127.116.11/esamudraUI/well.do?method=loadPage
- Please log in with your INDOS number and password.
- Then click on “CDC Management and COC as Cook.
- From the left side of the screen, you will see “Submit Application.” Click on it and select “Replacement of CDC.”
- Check that all the information auto-fetched from your DG profile is correct and select the relevant Shipping Office from Mumbai, Kolkata, or Chennai as applicable to you.
- Next, fill in your address, Next of Kin details, and STCW course information.
- In the “Fee Detail” tab, just click on “Continue,” as payment needs to be made later on.
- In the final “Tab 6. Attach Documents,” TICK on “I Agree” and “Generate Application no.”
- On the next page, you will see “Your data has been successfully submitted.” Check all the information and click on “Pay Now.” On the following page, click on “Click to Pay Now.” Then, click on “Continue” and make the payment via Credit Card, Debit Card, or Internet Banking.
- Once the payment is done, you can click on “Print” (or take a photo of the screen for reference).
- Now, from the top left side of your screen, select “Other” and click on “Pay Fee, Upload Documents & View Application Status.”
- Next, you need to upload your documents. To do this, please click on the “Upload Now” button.
- When you are on the next page, you will see the first option as “View & Print Application.” To upload it, please download the cdc replacement application form, sign it, and scan it as a PDF file.
- After that, please make sure to upload all six necessary documents required for CDC replacement. I have mentioned them before, so please double-check to ensure you have them all.
- Now, go back to the “Other” option and click on “Pay Fee, Upload Documents & View Application Status” again. This time, you will see your application status as “Under Process.”
- The concluding step entails dispatching your previous CDC to the Shipping Master Office you had chosen earlier. Kindly find the corresponding addresses mentioned below.
- Once you have confirmed that your OLD CDC has been received by the Shipping Master Office and the application status is still showing as “Under Process,” please send them an email with your courier details indicating that the OLD CDC has been received by them. And request them to kindly process your application form.
Government Shipping Office
Nau Bhavan, 10 R,K, Marg, Mumbai-400 001
Tel No: 022-22697971-72
Government Shipping Office
Marine House, Hastings, Kolkata-700 022
Tel No: 033-2223-0169
Govt. Shipping Office,
Anchorgate Building, 3rd Floor,
P.B.No.5004, Rajaji Salai,
Chennai ?600 001
Tel No: 044-25255552
Shipping Master Office email ID:
- Mumbai: sm‐mum‐firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kolkata: sm‐kol‐email@example.com
- Chennai: sm‐chn‐firstname.lastname@example.org
Email format as sample:
Myself Ajit Kumar Tiwari, had applied for CDC replacement and the OLD CDC has been dispatched via speed post/courier tracking number: xxxxxxxxxx and my CDC Replacement Application number is xxxxxxxxx
My CDC number is xxxxxxxxx
Contact: +91 8501943566
Next What Will Happen Once the CDC Replacement Application Status Shows “UNDER Process”
- Now It depends on the Shipping Office that how many days they will take to approve your application.
- Generally they will take 20-30 days to Approve your Application.
- and Another 5-10 days to dispatch your CDC.
Indian CDC Replacement Status Checker
To check your CDC application status, follow these simple steps:
- Log in to your DG profile.
- Go to CDC management.
- Click on “Other”.
- Check the application status tab, which is shown in the image.
- Once the CDC has been Approved and dispatched, you can check the details as mentioned in this article – How to Check CDC on DG Shipping CDC Checker
Time to Signoff (Conclusion)
You have completed the Indian CDC Replacement Procedure from your end. Just make sure that your Indian CDC has reached the government office. All you need to do now is wait for the status to change in your application section.
If there is any issue with the application, you will see it in the remark section as shown in the image above. We hope that today’s post on the Indian CDC Replacement Procedure has covered all the points required to process your application.
If you have any questions or concerns about CDC or SID, please take a look at our post called “CDC and SID Application (Clear All your Doubts)” for all the information you need.